Thursday, March 14, 2013

Yoo Hae-jin to join 1n2d as new 7th member

The choice for the new 7th member of 1n2d has finally been revealed! Actor Yoo Hae-jin will join 1n2d as the new mat-hyung following Kim Seung-woo's impending departure later this month. Frankly speaking, I was expecting that KBS will get an actor to join the existing cast but Yoo is a surprise for me, really. I know that he's a pretty famous actor in Korea but I've not seen any of his movies or dramas yet. In fact, the first time when I saw him in action wasn't when he was acting but rather when he was appearing in a variety show i.e. Running Man. My impression of him then was that this goofy ahjusshi is quite funny on screen. It's still too early to tell how he will fit in with the cast but given time, I think things will work out somehow, just like what happened to the cast of season 2 when they first started.

Actually, I was secretly hoping for Tae-woong's buddy Lee Seon-kyun to join the cast because he showed how good he was in variety shows during the Best Friends special. However, agreeing to do this means a pretty long commitment because filming takes place every two weeks and that somewhat restricts the flexibility to take on other jobs while juggling 1n2d. As such, I hope that Yoo Hae-jin can stay around for at least a year or two to gel with his younger co-stars and forge new relationships with them. Viewers can certainly do without another shock in the form of cast or crew changes for the time being so if things stay the same for a while, that would be most ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment