Saturday, August 17, 2013

Translation of Matsuyama Kenichi's first book "Haisha" - Part 2 (1 April 2011, Friday)

1 April 2011, Friday

We registered our marriage.

Why did I decide to appear in the Taiga drama "Taira no Kiyomori"?
It wasn't because that the production crew made the offer to me. I was the one who asked to be allowed to act in the drama. This was the first time.
I remember when I first saw news about NHK's announcement of the drama, the phrase "The Godfather of the Heian era" caught my attention. During that era when family backgrounds and connections mattered the most, this story was about how a samurai changed the society ruled by corrupt royalty to one of a warrior's era.

At that time (referring to 2011), there was this problem of elderly people dying without people noticing. As there are many old folks who live on their own, it suddenly dawned on me that my own parents could die in a lonely manner without me knowing.

Why is it that the connections between people have become so fragile now?

Actually, this issue may have been present since a long time ago. On the other hand, there are families and places where relationships and connections are still strong. At a time like this (right after the earthquake and tsunami crisis), I was simply attracted to this drama which focused on the connections between people.

Another reason was that, I just wanted to appear in a drama about men being passionate about something.

No comments:

Post a Comment